Subscribe to web2feel.com
Subscribe to web2feel.com
Posted by D "JAMES" Tuesday, July 21, 2009






One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I sawa kid from my class was walking home from school. Hisname was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of hisbooks. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bringhome all his books on a Friday? He must really be anerd.


"I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a footballgame with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so Ishrugged my shoulders and went on.


As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running towardhim. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of hisarms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasseswent flying, and I saw them land in the grass about tenfeet from him. He looked up and I saw this terriblesadness in his eyes.


My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him andas he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I sawa tear in his eye. As I handed him his glasses, I said,"Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives." He lookedat me and said, "Hey thanks!" There was a big smile on his face.


It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.


I helped him pick up his books, and asked him wherehe lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked himwhy I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to privateschool before now.


I would have never hung out with a private school kidbefore. We talked all the way home, and I carried someof his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. Iasked him if he wanted to play a little football with myfriends. He said yes. We hung out all weekend and themore I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and myfriends thought the same of him.


Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with thehuge stack of books again. I stopped him and said,"Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscleswith this pile of books everyday!" He just laughed andhanded me half the books.


Over the next four years, Kyle and I became bestfriends. When we were seniors, we began to thinkabout college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and Iwas going to Duke. I knew that we would always befriends, that the miles would never be a problem. Hewas going to be a doctor, and I was going for businesson a football scholarship.


Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all thetime about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech forgraduation.



I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there andspeak. Graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. Hewas one of those guys that really found himself during highschool. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him.Boy, sometimes I was jealous.



Today was one of those days. I could see that he wasnervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the backand said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!" He looked at mewith one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled."Thanks," he said.



As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, andbegan. "Graduation is a time to thank those who helpedyou make it through those tough years. Your parents,your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostlyyour friends. I am here to tell all of you that being afriend to someone is the best gift you can give them. Iam going to tell you a story.



"I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told thestory of the first day we met. He had planned to killhimself over the weekend. He talked of how he hadcleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to doit later and was carrying his stuff home.


He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.


"Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me fromdoing the unspeakable."

I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popularboy told us all about his weakest moment.

I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that samegrateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.


Never underestimate the power of your actions. Withone small gesture you can change a person's life. Forbetter or for worse.


God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one anotherin some way.

Look for God in others.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

GHOST RIDER -- HAYABUSAAA

ILLEGAL STREET RACE - NISSAN SKYLINE GTR

HOW TO CREATE DEADLY VIRUS IN 10 SECONDS

MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE SONG

Sensual belly dance - Crazy Stuff

RONALDO - THE TRUE LEGEND OF GAME CALLED FOOTBALL

Shakira - Wakka Wakka This time for Africa ( Official FIFA 2010 Video)

C


counter
•Seul contre tous aka "I stand alone" ________________________________________ •Romance 1999 _________________________________________ •A Clockwork Orange __________________________________________ • KENPARK ______________________________________________ . PARANORMAL ACTIVITIES _____________________________________________ . AUDITION _______________________________________________ . SALO O LE 120 GIORNATE DI SODOMAS _______________________________________________ . IRREVRSIBLE _______________________________________________ . LEON ____________________________________________ . CIDADE DE DEEUS ____________________________________________ . GOODFELLAS ____________________________________________ . BABEL ____________________________________________ . RED SANDS ____________________________________________ . BLACK HAWK DOWN ____________________________________________ .CALIGULA ____________________________________________ . NOVECENTO _____________________________________________ . THE TREE OF WOODEN CLOGS _____________________________________________

10 Most Intresting facts about Men

*56% - See the drink they order as a reflection of their masculinity or character.
*85% - Would have sex with co-worker.
*63% - Would dump a girlfreind if she became fat.
*86% - Aare not completely satisfied with their sex lives.
*83% - Believe that men should pay for the majority of dates.
*76% - Believe that they have a soul mate.
*84% - Have a grooming regimen that goes beyond the basics.
*79% - Don't consider salary the best measure of professional sucess
*69% - Would never cheat.

About Me

"ONE FOR ALL ALL FOR ONE"
Reach me at deepakupreti100us@gmail.com.

Add to Technorati Favorites

To share this blog with your freinds simply click down

Bookmark and Share
Bookmark and Share

ABOUT AUTHOR

free counters